Thursday, July 3, 2008

Countdown to the 10 year High School Reunion

So I thought I'd start a countdown to my 10 year high school reunion. But I didn't know what to do. While getting ready for my New York trip I thought it would be fun to find all the notes that Brooke and I wrote to each other during middle school (We'll be living with Brooke and Peter during our stay). Well, while I was looking for said notes I discovered all my old year books and eventually the notes. Along with Brooke's notes I found some from past boyfriends and a light bulb went off in my head. I had 9 boyfriends during my grade school years and I graduated from high school with 8 of the 9 boyfriends. I thought a boyfriend countdown would be perfect. So everyday I'll be posting about a boyfriend from my past until the big REUNION day (don't you wish you'd thought of this!). Enjoy!!!

Ryan Gelbrich




















Grade: 4th

How we hooked up: My 10 year old memory is shot, but it probably went something like this:
Ryan: "Hey, will you be my girlfriend?"
Me: "Okay."

Length of relationship (if you can call it that): I'm going to guess about a month.

A note from him: N/A

The break up: Again, no idea. He probably sent Genji to do his dirty work, or I sent Leigh to do mine.

Memorable moment: I do remember he came to school very upset one day. He explained to me that the night before he had gotten out of bed when he was supposed to be sleeping (heaven forbid) and wrote me a note about how he loved me. But his dad came in to check on him and took the note. I was very touched by the gesture. And if memory serves me he even got grounded.

Side note: The picture of Ryan is from 7th grade. This was the youngest picture of him that I could find. It's from my Judson middle school yearbook and I wrote on it "1st kiss" because I wanted people to think I'd been kissed but that was far from the truth.


8 days to go!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea, way to be creative. I can't wait to see whos to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! Your brother Brent was my first kiss. It was the last day of eight grade. I was so nervous!!!! It was the smallest peck in the universe. How funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that is too funny!! And Ryan totally looked the same in high school! What a fun idea...I am bummed I will miss the reunion! Have fun in New York! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. DYING LAUGHING!!! I have not heard Genji's name in FOREVER!

    I am so excited to see who's to come!

    You are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't comment on the Kyle Kidd because it wouldn't let me. But if it would have, this is what I would have said:


    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny and cute all rolled into one. They all looked so young. Curious to know what Robert said? Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

    ReplyDelete