Thursday, July 24, 2008

Myselves on 100 posts

Blogging self: YEEEAAAHHHH, I've made it to 100 posts!!!

Rational self: Uuuummmhh, . . . and the big deal is?

Blogging self: Are you kidding me? This is huge, well in the blogging world this is huge. I have been dedicated to my blog and over the last 10 months I've put in the time, the pictures, and the paragraphs to get to 100!!!

Rational self: Can you say 'waste of time?'

Blogging self: No, I can not.

Rational self: Now come-on. I've heard you complain that you've got to blog about this or I need to post pictures of that. Remember that time you were envious of someone else's blog because 'they had fancy widgets on their sidebar'? Or what about the time you were posting pictures of a party and the computer wasn't cooperating, you spent like 2 hours working on it until you got it right? And didn't you feel guilty when you didn't do a post for over 10 days, so you quickly posted a blog to fill up your archive list?

Blogging self: I might recall some of those incidences, but it just shows how dedicated I am to my blog. To reach 100 posts takes dedication.

Rational self: Dedicated, oh I see . . . and have you been dedicated to your children?

Blogging self: Why of coarse I am dedicated to my children, whatever are you talking about?

Rational self: Just stop me if any of the following are untrue . . . while in the midst of blogging your child sat in a poopy diaper for over an hour, as your fingers typed away your child "took an extra long nap" . . . fully awake in their crib, while creating a slide show your child sat on the kitchen floor and finished off a bag of chips without your knowledge.

Blogging self: Ouch . . . okay, yeah, I seem to remember that on occasion my children have been put on the back burner so I could finish a blog post. But this is my hobby and I was/am enjoying myself.

Rational self: You don't feel guilty about neglecting your children, the dishes, or you husband?

Blogging self: Now that's not fair. I would never call it neglect. I just administer to their needs when my blogging schedule allows rather than instantly. That's not neglect, that's time management.

Rational self: Okay, call it time management if you want but I think this blogging thing has taken it's toll on you from time to time.

Blogging self: Well, lets be honest since we occupy the same consciousness and you probably already know my deepest darkest thoughts. At times I have felt guilty for blogging and not cleaning during nap time. I have been jealous of other bloggers blogs. And I am guilty of blogging to make my life seem cooler than it really is. But that all stops today!!!

Rational self: You're giving up blogging?

Blogging self: Never (well not anytime soon). Today, I joined the revolution and today I start my new mantra to-


Since I've reached the 100 posts milestone, I feel like I've proven my street cred in the blogging world. Clearly I am dedicated to my blog and I will not feel guilty for it. From this time hence forth,

THIS BLOGS FOR ME
and no one else. This blog is about me and my family. If you like it, great, read it. If you hate it, boo on you and move on to the next blog. So occasionally I might have a boring post (speak of the devil or see previous), or I might go a couple weeks without posting anything. It doesn't matter. This blogs for me, you're enjoyment is an added bonus.

Rational self: I'm glad to see this change in you. You've matured over these last 100 posts, haven't you?

Blogging self: Yes, I would have to agree.

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny and so true! Happy bloggin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, and so much truth!!

    ReplyDelete