
Grade: 8th
How we hooked up: Luke was a pro at this. The rumor mill had started after he'd broken up with his 2nd girlfriend of the year that he liked me. I decided that I liked him too, I mean he was seriously one of the nicest gusy ever! A couple of days later I was in the hall hanging out with my friends, somebody whispers under their breath "Luke's coming". He walked right up to me (all of my friends fanned out but kept glancing back at us) and we had a very simple conversation. And at the end he asked "Would you be my girlfriend?" my reply "yes".
Length of relationship: 6 weeks
Boyfriend milestone: My first kiss- and it was only on the cheek.
A note from him:
Emily-
How are ya? I'm great ! I'm in english now but you knew that. I went out with you because you are the neatest person I ever met! I really like you hair long and curly. Up in a bun is cool too. But don't get it to curly. It looks cool today. I not very good at writing long notes. I think you are beeuteeful and very cool person. How do you think we will do at best in the northwest? Well I got to go now, so bye-bye.
Love ya lots- Luke
The break up: Luke kissed my on the cheek 2 weeks into our relationship. I thought it was pretty cool but that's all he did for the next three weeks. Every couple of days he would say goodbye at the end of school and kiss me on the cheek. I was looking for some lip action and it never came. Plus, once he made the comment that my mole had hairs growing out of it (boys should never point out 14 year old girls flaws). So I wrote him a note and told him that I thought we should break up. He totally accepted the break up and a week later he had a new girlfriend. I think he acquired about 4 or 5 girlfriends in 8th grade.
Memorable moment: One afternoon Kerry, Jeanne, and I had walked home from school to Jeannes house. I called Luke once we got there his mom answered. She said he wasn't home, he was on a bike ride with Brian. But he should be home soon. I talked it over with the girls and convinced Kerry and Jeanne to walk with me to his house (it was a five minute walk). The main reason for the surprise visit was in hopes to get a kiss on the lips! So we start the walk up this huge hill, we are getting pretty close to his house when Kerry spots the bike riders in their yellow spandex shirts. So Jeanne and Kerry hang back at the street sign while I continue to walk to his house. Luke rides up to me and Brian talks with the girls. We talk for a while, he notices that his mothers car is gone because she had to go to the grocery store (my heart races) and says he'd invite us in but his moms not home. That dashed all my hopes. Seeing that my treacherous hike was all in vain, we say good-bye. What a good son, and gentleman!
3 days to go!

Man, Luke really did get around. He asked me out in 7th grade social studies. What a playa! I've enjoyed reading all your boyfriend posts. It's a nice throwback to Judson years. Wowza!
ReplyDeleteAnd my response to Luke's question about Best in the Northwest is...WE WON IT!!! So we were awesome :-) I never realized how much Luke liked the ladies!! He's always been such a nice guy.
ReplyDelete