
Grade: 10th
How we hooked up: I started to notice Robert because in the 10th grade he wore this green hooded sweatshirt 4 out of 5 day a week. So he was easy to spot. Plus, he was really funny. So I told Leigh that I liked him, she told Mike Wolfe and those two big mouths got things in motion. I got the news that he was going to ask me out and went to Friday nights varsity football game with my hopes up high. But nothing happened. Saturday night was Megan Delks birthday party, we were both going to be there. Jeanne and Kerry were trying to set up some background music (via My-so-called-life), but it didn't happen. Robert and I hung out on the couch watching movies the whole time. Eventually my ride was leaving and he walked me out. Holding hands we stopped in some deserted hallway. Where he asked me to be his girlfriend. I said yes and he kissed me on the cheek and the rest is history.
Length of relationship: November 28, 1995- Present
Boyfriend milestone: He was my first french kiss and once we got married he was a lot of other things.
A note from him:
(I have like 15 notes from Robert but when I told him I was going to publish one of them on the blog he totally vetoed it. He says his notes are way too mushy for a 16 year old. So we compromised and he got to choose the note. Thus, it's very non-descript and short)
Emily,
Love you lots and I hope I can see you tonight. give me a call when you get home from the airport.
Your Best Friend, Robert
The break up: We did actually break up once after three years of dating. Robert had decided to go on a mission for the church and one night we had a big talk together. It was a very calm and logical talk. We decided that he needed to focus on preparing for his mission and not on meeting the needs of his demanding girlfriend. So we broke up a couple of months before he left. But somehow we still seemed to hang out several times a week and get a few kisses in here and there.
Memorable milestone: Our first date is a really good memory. My Parents had a rule that you couldn't date until you were 16 years old. So Robert and I never really went out on our own. We just happened to meet up at sporting events or parties. I turned 16 in early June. There was quite a debate between Kerry & Jeanne verse Robert. Both parties wanted to celebrate my big day on the first Saturday after my birthday. Kerry and Jeanne won the debate, they pulled the "we've been friends longer than you've been her boyfriend" card.
So our first date was on June 18, 1996. I wore a red sheath dress with tiny white flowers all over it, accessorized with white hose and a strappy white heals. Robert wore khaki's and a light blue button up shirt. He brought me a dozen red roses that instantly got put into water (I wanted to preserve them as long as possible). Robert pulls up to my house in a limousine. Yeah, for my first date I get chauffeured around in a limo. Of coarse mom and dad whip out the camera and get a few pictures. We ride downtown and went out to dinner at some tiki-torch restaurant which was very fun. Back in the limo, we stopped for ice cream at 31 flavors (he knew the key to my heart was in the ice cream). And then the limo headed back up the gravel hill to my house.The coolest part was when Robert put up the privacy window to sneak a few kisses from me. It was the best first date that I've ever heard of.
So that's the last boyfriend I ever had. I know, I know, you're saying to yourself "but Emily there is still one more day to your countdown!?!" Well don't you worry, I've got you covered. Tune in tomorrow to get Roberts view on things. This should be interesting!!!
1 day to go!

Oh Roberto. What a smoothie you are. No wonder she fell for you.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed this post through and through.
Please wear the white hose again. to your reunion. Please. please.
I love you and Robert together...just the PERFECT couple! and I am so glad he decided to go on a mission...even if it did mean you guys had to "break up" for a few months!
ReplyDeletelast night was so much fun...although I agree with Mary, you should've busted out the hose
oh my word, Robert's selection of the note is SO FUNNY!!! He sure lucked out writing something that brief, otherwise we'd be reading something MUCH JUICIER!!
ReplyDeleteEw! This boyfriend milestone was too graphic for me, I would rather change Addie's diaper than read that.
ReplyDeleteThese are great posts and I totally remember Robert in his green hooded sweatshirt! Ha :)
ReplyDelete