
Grade: 7th
How we hooked up: It was valentines day and I was a little sad that I didn't have one. Ryan and I had been broken up for over a month but I didn't want him to be my valentine. I had crushes on many other boys at this time, any of them would have done fine. So it's valentines day at Judson middle school and the day is almost over. In between classes I go to my locker to get my books and Shaun comes up to me with a heart shaped present wrapped in red paper and says "This is for you". Then he walks away. My first thought was- this is from Ryan (he and Shaun were friends). I open the gift it's a wire heart basket filled with lip shaped chocolate from euphoria's chocolates. Then I read the note only to discover it's from Shaun himself. I don't have this note but the parts that I remember said- he had liked me for a long time and was really jealous when I was dating Ryan. He continued on and eventually at the end of the note he asked if I would be his girlfriend.
I was totally shocked and had had no idea that Shaun liked me but I was so flattered by his thoughtfulness that I said yes the next day.
Length of relationship: 1 month
A note from him:
Dear Emily,
Please don't spell my name Shawn, its Shaun. Odd way of starting out a letter hu! Now I guess I should answer you 2 questions. 1.) My last name is pernounced Peirovich. 2.) My phone number is 581-####. I don't really mind if you are working Monday through Thursday because I'm not home on Monday or Wednesday untill 5:30 because I have tennis lessons. I am not very good at writing letters I asked Hillary what I should write about (she sits in front of me) and she said her. I don't think you care about Hillary because you know more than I do about her. Thats all I can think of right now so Bye Bye.
Love always, Shaun
P. S. Write back if you want to.
The breakup: It ended up that my work schedule (for Bob Friess) and his tennis lessons would be a problem. I remember we never had time to talk. And it's hard to stay together when you barely know the person you're dating. I think the main problem was we had conflicting, busy schedules. Aren't 13 year olds funny.
Memorable moment: I do recall one of our phone conversations.
Emily: How are you?
Shaun: I'm good, . . . tired, tennis was really long today.
E: What did you do?
S: We practiced serving. How was you day?
E: Fine. What are you doing now?
S: I'm watching Lonesome dove with my mom?
E: You're watching what?
S: Lonesome dove.
E: Is it good?
S: Yeah, we watch it all the time. . . (mom yelling in the background) . . . I've got to go my mom says I'm missing the really good part.
E: Okay, see you tomorrow.
S: Bye
E: Bye
4 days to go!

Um. I hope you never run out of boyfriends, because this is so hilarious, but I fear Robert is going to get in the way of my amusement.
ReplyDeleteI had no idea you were such a man's lady.
This is my favorite one so far--that conversation on the phone is so funny! and now that i see his picture, i totally remember this guy...good idea on the posts, i'm excited to see the rest!
ReplyDeleteI am dying reading these! I love them. I only wish the ex's your writing about could read this too, that would be so funny!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, me and my words of wisdom to Shaunny boy. Write about me - HAAAA!!! So...tell the truth...did you not care about me? Because I could write you a really good 7th-grade boy love note and even fold it up into one of those crazy football-like triangles. I'm not sure I would go so far as to put it into the pink embossed envelope, but if it would make you care, I would do it.
ReplyDelete