Tuesday, June 10, 2008

MY 28th

Yesterday was my birthday and I have to say it was one of the best birthdays I've ever had. Normally our birthday are pretty low-key but I needed a pick me up. And Robert totally hit a home run with this one.
The day started by having it not start. We slept in which was so kind of Bailey (she is usually pretty good about playing in her crib). But Rob had to get up quickly when I heard the garbage truck coming down the street and the cans weren't out yet. We went out to breakfast at "The Original Pancake House" and it was yummy. I love to watch the old people there and how kind the waitresses are to remember their names and lives.

Bailey stole my hot chocolate. I went off my Addison diet for the day because it was my day and if she gets really pucky I'll just have to deal with that consequence later. But the chocolate was so nice and such a treat.


Addison slept through the whole outing in her comfy warm car seat.


We haven't taken Bays to a restaurant with us in ages because she is a brute and likes to cause trouble. Her normal routine would be to shake out all the salt and pepper from the shakers, then climb up on the table and try to pull down the light fixture. Eventually, she tries to escape the booth by slowly and sneakily crawling over you or she just dives under the table and army crawls out by your feet. But today, since it was my day, Robert wrestled with her but overall she did really well.

After breakfast I lounged around my house, checked your blogs, updated mine (see my fun new back page!), and I did laundry at moms house. We've had a washer and dryer at our house for a while but our plug doesn't match the one at our house and Robert has yet to fix the situation (it's on his to-do list). I know doing laundry on your birthday doesn't sound very glamorous but it was needed. It could have been really difficult with the babies and dirty clothes but magically a spell fell over the girls and they both took super long naps and I just relaxed in the peace that was around me.

That evening we left the girls with grandma & papa and we went out to dinner. We were going to go to Morton's Bistro (my all-time favorite) but they are closed on Mondays. So we hit up Davinci's and it turned out great. The food was fabulous and I just love being out with my hubby.


After dinner Robert gave me my birthday gift.
A plane ticket to NEW YORK!!!
I was/am so excited. Robert has been planning a trip to NY forever. He said he had to go because the Yankee's are probably playing their last season in Yankee's stadium before moving to a new stadium and he wanted to visit our friends Pete & Brooke. He got a buddy ticket for super cheap but I said I couldn't go that route with Addison in tow and the possibility of getting bumped over and over again. Can you image spending all day in the airport with your 5 month old hoping to catch the next flight, No thanks! So I was excited that Robert was going to go and just a little sad for me. But to my surprise he and our parents put their moneys together and got me a direct flight there and back. We leave in a couple of weeks and I've got a ton of planning to do.

Here we are eating our super nummy desserts.


I got the grand mariner chocolate mousse, that's way off the Addie diet. Chocolate and cream! It was so velvety smooth I could have sat there for an hour just slowly enjoying it's goodness.


Rob got the blackberry corstata. It was very good but mine was way better.


To end the evening we went out to the movie theater. Since Bailey was born I can count on one hand the number of times we've been to the theater. So this was a real treat. We saw "What happens in Vegas". It was actually funny but a predictable romantic comedy. We got home, put the girls to bed, and had a great evening together.

So thanks for all your emails, phone calls, and gifts. It was a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Emmy!!! Sounds like a fab day! and NYC? how much fun! that's exactly what brian got me for my b-day too! are you guys staying with Peter and Brooke or are you staying in NYC? you'll LOVE it! Nice work Robert!

    and be glad you didn't take Addi to that movie, we saw it a couple weeks ago...I spent the majority of the time standing by the door rocking her! ANNOYING. cute movie though!

    OPH is the best too! seriously THE best!

    I am glad you had a great day. Birthdays are the best and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you! It looks like you had a great one...low key birthdays are always the best! And nice job Robert...you will have so much fun in New York! Be safe and take lots of pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Em! I'm glad it was such a great day. I'm am so excited that you get to go to New York. We had such a great trip there. It was so fun! I can't wait to hear all about what you have planned. We'll see you Saturday. Love, Genet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Emily . . . have a fabulous trip- New York is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Em!! we are so excited to see you and robert! i'm glad i didn't ruin the surprise and say something?! it'll be fun to hangout in the city and do stuff, and what a nice break it will be for you...and those desserts from DaVinci's look SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday.... Late. Wow what a great day!!! That sounds like one that you'll never forget. Have fun in NY. I can't believe that you took pics of your food, you are a hard core blogger, right one!!! That Mousse did look great though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Robert!!! That is one KILLER birthday present for your beautiful wife :-) There are so many fun things to do in NYC - no chance of being bored there!

    Looking forward to seeing you both in just a few more weeks!!

    ReplyDelete