Monday, September 29, 2008

Girls Weekend

This summer Robert decided he wanted to go to a Mariners baseball game with a bunch of guys and have a guys weekend. He thought it would be really fun for my grandpa John to come and all of my brothers. So months ago the planning began and all the men in my life (husband, brothers, father, & Grandfather) left on Friday morning for Washington. They stayed at a nice cabin, went on the boat, played cards, went to the ball game, and relaxed by the campfire. They had a great time.

Well all of us ladies decided we didn't want to stay at home with all the kids while the men went away for the weekend. So we had a girls weekend at Danielle's house. It was really fun and really tiring.

We all arrived around 5 pm on Friday, that's 5 women, 5 kids, and 2 babies. That first night from 6-11 PM we had at least one kid crying. It was CRAZY. Most of the kids were down (not necessarily asleep) by 10.

Caden was one of the night owls. He was hungry and grandma offered him a banana, cheese, and crackers. He said no to all the offers. Wendy came in and said "Caden do you want some spinach humus?" and he nodded happily. Grandma was pretty dumbfounded that a two year old would like humus over crackers.



Haven loved playing with Addison all weekend long. The first morning I tried to sleep-in a little but had no such luck. It had been a long night. Addie woke up to nurse three times and Bay woke up at 6:30 to pee and then never went back to sleep. Bailey sat in her porta-crib just talking to herself and then stated yelling for help. She wanted her books, then some toys, then she was hungry. I didn't sleep much to say the least.


At least Danielle has a great play room. Bailey and Caden played "kitchen" most of the weekend.



We had a picnic lunch outside. Most of the kids didn't eat much. But Myah gladly rummaged through the plates and ate the ham off of everyones sandwiches.




The ladies ate really good the whole weekend.




Even Sarah found a food (besides moms milk) that she liked. She nuzzled this nectarine and ate over half of it herself. She would've eaten it all but her mom was afraid of the messy diaper it would eventually produce.




Addie and Sarah are both growing but we have a clear winner in this department.


Ads got some pigtails for the day.



We went to this great park and the kids had a blast.




Addison and Bailey tried to swing together but big sister wouldn't have it.



Bennett pushed Myah on the tire swing.



Genet and Sarah had a great time.


Addie and I liked the park as well. Her favorite part was going on the swing with me.



Back at the homefront, the kids watched a movie while the ladies went to the RS broadcast. Thank, Wendy for watching them all by yourself. She did great at watching 5 kids under the age of 6. But when one of the kids filled their UNDERWEAR with POOP she refused to clean up the mess?!? Go figure!




The second night we were determined to do pedicures. We knew we were going to get a crappy night sleep so it really didn't matter what time we went to bed. We got all the kids in bed and asleep by 10 and started soaking our feet. It was great to have some really girl time to just sit around and chat.


BAM spent most of the weekend holding Lily the bird and got a little too comfortable playing with her. She and the bird sat inside an ottoman (see 3 picture up), she was told to not sit on the bird, so then she put the bird into the ottoman and then tried to close the lid. I think Lily was glad to see us leave.


Bennett actually found a food he liked, but when it's covered in whip cream who wouldn't like it?

Some of the cousins took a bath in the huge tub.

We decided that Addison and Sarah actually look 12 WEEKS apart verses the actual 12 days.


These best buds followed the rules nicely and didn't bring any toys downstairs. They played on the stairs but nothing was on the first floor. Good job kids.


The men started coming back from their adventure on Sunday. And this picture of Grandpa with Addie was just too cute to not post. We're happy to report that he got a clean bill of health after his cancer treatment and we're expecting him to be around for many more years.


My husband arrived a little later than expected but we were all glad to see him. Bailey was so excited that as she and Addie were getting cuddles from Robert she said "no Addie, my daddy!" That's the terrible two's for you.
It was a great, fun, exhausting, and nourishing weekend. I wasn't blessed with sisters growing up but I am very blessed with great sister-in-laws now. Thanks for the good times, lets do it again but without the kids!

9 comments:

  1. what a fun weekend!!! you girls all have so much fun togehter!

    and those pig tails on addie are KILLING me! :-)

    and I was always jealous that you were the only girl in your family! I had a crapload! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I don't look like a total loser I want to go on record that the poop child in question was ASLEEP when the poop was discovered 10 minutes before Mom was due home. What would you do???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, it has been brought to my attention that children don't crap their pants when they are asleep, only dead people do that. While your reasoning is valid and you were the one on duty. If one of the children had started choking you would have assisted them in getting their breathing tube cleared. What if the said poop was giving the sleeping child a really bad case of diaper rash. You never know. I'm just saying, you were on duty and the poop was left in the underware.


    Clearly, (your favorite word) I'm joking. I would've done the same thing! If it's not my kid and it's not a baby, I'm not cleaning up the poop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. emily, you are more than welcome to come for a visit and play "kitchen" anytime you like...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to catch up on you! I can't belive how big Addison is getting already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a great weekend -- even though I am still trying to recover. You are all the best! I am so lucky to be related to such fabulous women!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment you left. The birthday party was totally worth all the work that went into it. It looks like you had a great weekend despite the sleeplessness. I cannot wait till Tatum has cousins to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your kids are adorable! love to see the pictures of your family! i have so many random chidhood memories of you guys!

    I agree, the pigtails are to die for!

    ReplyDelete