I found another race.
And I'm so excited.
I was training for a half marathon that was to take place on October 30th. It got canceled and I got frustrated. I started looking for another race, but most of the options took place on Sunday. I continued searching and found a few Saturday options. One was in Hermiston, OR and I said "No, thanks. I don't want to drive 4 hours to the middle of nowhere, run for 2 hours and them drive 4 hours back home." There was another race right outside of Seattle, but it was full and the waiting list was full. A third race took place at Silver Creek Falls, but it was running on the hiking trails for 13 miles, I decided to pass on that, even though it was already full. I think that running up and down hiking trails would feel more like a 20 mile race. The last race I found was in Eugene and it was still open!!! The only problem was the race isn't until the end of November and my training would be extended 3 more weeks.
In the end I registered for the fourth race. Now I just have to figure out how to adjust my training schedule. I was training to run on the 30th of October and thus my runs we increasing with that end date. Now my end date (race date) has been delayed 3 weeks. This is good and bad, it's good because I will continue to run and it's bad because I was already planning on continuing running but just not that far. You see, I've been uping my distance each week. Three weeks ago I ran 23 miles total, the next week I ran 25, and this last week I ran 30 miles. So I don't know if I should slow down my training to about 20 miles a week and then increase when I get closer to race day or just stay where I'm at????
Only time willl tell but the training continues.


No comments:
Post a Comment