Wednesday, October 6, 2010

FRUSTRATING ! ? ! ? ! ?

MY HALF MARATHON GOAL HAS BEEN PUT ON HOLD!

Not from injury or lack of commitment, the race event got canceled.
So I've been looking for another half-marathon to compete in but things aren't looking good. The race season for the Northwest is coming to an end and races are few and far between. Most of the races that I find are on Sunday and I really don't want to run on the Sabbath.
I found one race but it's four hours away, which is okay, but it's in Hermiston, OR. AKA: the middle of nowhere. I might as well drive to Boise. I'm fine driving the distanct but I'd like to be able to have fun (eat, relax, shop) once the race is over and Hermiston doesn't have anything entertaining to do.
I found another race 15 minutes out of Seattle, which would be great but it's sold out or full. I'm really at a loss cause there are so many Sunday races. I'll drive four hours but want to run on Saturday. So the search for another race continues and until then my Half Marathon is on hold.

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing. Someday I want to be like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. What a bummer. Good thing you are incredible with or without the race. I'm super impressed with all of this crazy running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, that's crummy. You could map out your own course and run your own half marathon. It wouldn't be nearly as fun, and you might run faster with the adrenaline of a "real" race, but it would be free! :)

    ReplyDelete