Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas @ Sunriver

Here is my christmas rundown






Some Christmas stories:
The snow: The snow started falling and I wasn't the least bit prepared to pack up my family and drive over the mountain to Sunriver. A week prior to the snow we got a flat tire and replaced it with the spare. Meals, snacks, and desserts had not been purchased, prepped, and/or prepared. Clothing was strewn about the house as if we'd been hit by a tornado. But alas it was a heaping pile of snow. It was so deep in my town that I couldn't leave my parking lot even if I wanted to. At the last minute my family (the Friess') all decided to get to the cabin as soon as possible. Because more snow was coming and we had a window of opportunity and we took it. We'll most of us took it. We spent 7 and a half stressful hours driving to Sunriver (oh, we got a new tire at the last minute) but once we got their it was heaven.
Christmas morning: Bailey really got the concept of Christmas this year and I was so excited to see her expression on Christmas morning. I was going to have the camera all ready and then tell Robert to release the beast. That didn't happen, she crawled out of her pack&play and left our room (she was going to watch cartoons with her cousins like the morning before) she turned the corner, saw the Christmas tree, and said "Oh, my gosh!". Her expression was priceless, or so I've been told by my brother Ryan who was reading his book on the couch as Bailey ran into the room. Well, maybe I can catch a glimpse of her Christmas face next year.
Sunriver Activities: We (and by we I mean most of the men and Danielle & Ashely) spent a lot of time playing in the snow. On the 24th the snow was to dry to pack into anything, so they made a snow pile. They also collected icicles from a near by house and make a wall with them. Two days later the snow was prime for building stuff so the took the snow pile and made a snow man. And then it began, the igloo. While us women were gone watching a movie (seven pounds, so good, but watch it in the privacy of your own home, you'll thank me later), the men built an igloo. It took over 3 hours for 5 men to build this beast. That's over 15 hours of work and it was way cool. Brent and Jackson slept in it the last night there.

It really was one of the best Christmas' yet. The snow, the family, the relaxation, the presents, it all was just too much. And too much of a good thing is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment