How often do you have a day when you look at the clock, it says 3-something, the kids are down for their naps and you're picking up all the messes around the house. All of the sudden you get a little "rumbly in the tummy" (to quote Winnie the Pooh) and you realize you haven't eaten lunch yet. The kids ate, you took a bite of cheese, but somehow you didn't make yourself a meal. Then the thought comes into your head "we're going to eat dinner in a couple of hours, I don't want to eat a whole meal now". So what do you do? . . .
. . . You have a Snack Attach!
Here are a few of my somewhat healthy, somewhat filling snacks.
Stacy's Pita ChipsIt's nummy like a potato chip but it won't kill you. I really enjoy the Cinnamon Sugar flavor. The Parmesan garlic & herd is really good too. These chips are available in most grocery stores, but don't go looking for it in the chip isle. No, no, no, for some odd reason these chips are usually hiding in the deli department and sometimes around the produce. Go figure!
Nectar BarsI'm not a huge fan of energy bars but these ones are actually good. They are moist, chewy, and tasty. You get two servings of fruit in each bar. They also have nuts in them so you get some protein while you're at it. They are easy to eat when you've got a kid crying on your leg and another puking in your arms.
So far I've only seen these bars at Fred Meyers (Oregon based company) so you have to make a special trip if you want to taste them.
True North Nut ClustersI randomly came upon these nut clusters while shopping at Target (pronounced with a french accent). They are soooooo gooooood. You get the saltiness of the nut but they've hidden a tiny little sweet factor in the cluster as well. Be careful because you might just eat the whole bag in one sitting. The almond clusters are the best, there's a peanut cluster and mixed nut cluster but the Almond is KING.
These nuts are only sold at Target, Wal-mart, and CVS.
Werther's Chewy Carmel'sSince I'm off chocolate these babies have been my go-to sweet treat. They give me the creamy factor that my chocolate has and that I miss so dearly. These bad boys have been around forever, I just didn't have a need for them. I had chocolate. They are available everywhere.
Sorry for the random post but I stand behind my snacks and thought I'd share them with you. And if you are like me and forget to eat lunch than you probably stand behind your snacks as well. If you have any somewhat healthy, somewhat filling snacks that you love, please share them with the class.
Never apologize for posting about food. I post, therefore, I eat. You can insert any verb in the post spot.
ReplyDeletegreat tips! I'll have to try some of these! can't wait to see you tomorrow morning...should be fun!
ReplyDeleteI love snacks. I'd rather have snacks than lunch . . easier I guess!
ReplyDeleteDaisha
Love sancking!! I'm going to try those Stacey's Chips, they sounds good and semi good for you! You have such a cute family!
ReplyDeleteLindsay Grant