Monday, April 28, 2008

Over the hills and through the woods to the Danny's house we go.

The Danny's moved away and it was time for me to get out of denial. Robert didn't help them on the big moving day because it was the last day to fish for salmon (lame-o). I wasn't able to help Danielle pack and/or move because I was sick. She even told me not to come help, I could've been contagious. Since I hadn't seen the Danny's in 10 days it seemed like they still lived in Keizer. I was in complete denial.

Robert and I wanted to make it up to them so we drove up I-5 to see their new digs. I thought we might unload some boxes or move furniture. But NO, it was all done. So I helped by confirming Danielle's placement of flatware in the Kitchen. Robert helped by cooking a great grilled pizza dinner for all of us.

While playing with play-dough at the kitchen counter Bailey fell over on her back onto the tile floor and then the chair she was sitting on fell on her fourhead. This is the lovely goose-egg she received from the ordeal. She cried until Danielle turned on Curious George and then she was fine.




That evening we got our kids ready for bed and without knowing and/or planning it they were wearing the same PJ's. It was too cute and a great photo-op. To bad Bay's couldn't sit still.

After staying the night in their Mini-suite we got up and had a great breakfast. Then we loaded up the cars and headed down south back to Keizer. This is where we got to make up our lameness to the Danny's. Danielle and I cleaned up their old condo while Robert and Dan loaded furniture onto a trailer to go to their new house.
It was great to spend time with them and help out a little. We know that we will be having many more sleep-overs at the Danny's house.

4 comments:

  1. what a beautiful home! I bet they are SO excited to have all that room! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big beautiful home! Where did they move to?
    Daisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Danny's....that's great. I hadn't thought of calling them that. I bet you do miss them!
    Nice to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Dan and co. What a gorgeous home!

    ReplyDelete