On Friday the 28th we got the kids up at 5:45 am. It was Bailey's fourth birthday but the early hour rise had nothing to do with that. We drove 5 minutes down the road to my brother Marks house. Robert and Mark loaded up the car and then Mark, Genet, my mom and dad drove off to the airport with a final destination of England. My baby brother Brent is dancing with the BYU ballroom touring team and they are competing in the Blackpool dance festival in Blackpool England. I wish I could go to watch him compete but I'm left here in the states to tend Marks kids. Most of the kids were up at 6 am to say goodbye to Mark and Genet so it was a long day to say the least. But Bailey couldn't have asked for anything more on her birthday than to play with her cousins.
After breakfast we started baking. Bennet- "my mom always lets me scrap the bowl with a little spoon". They went to town on the cake batter.
Pink chocolate rose flowers for the decorations. They were really fragile, hence the shorter height on some of the roses. I had Bailey's initals displayed (B.A.M.) but Addie ate the 'A' when I turned my back so now it just looks like I'm paying homage to the Book of Mormon.
THE BIG 4!!!!
Again, she wished for "more cuddles with daddy". And it's not like Robert doesn't give here any love and she's missing him. Everynight she wants me to do the cuddles after he reads the books. So were are working out the cuddles delema.
The kids loved eating the chocolate flowers.
After the cupcakes, baths were administered and Robert took our girls home. I got Marks kids to bed and watched TV until midnight, at which point the reinforcements arrived in the form of Genet's sister Natalie and her husband Aaron. After 18 hours I was right back where I'd started, in my bed sleeping!
On a side note- Brent had his first competition today with his partner and they made it through the first round. They weren't planning on making it through since international competitions are a lot harder than State competitions. The BYU team competes tonight. They have one every year that they've competed so the pressure is on. Brent will compete in the second round with his partner on Thursday morning. Mom/Dad/Mark/Genet are adjusting their travel plans so they can watch Brent in the second round. And then they are planning on sight seeing "up north" with Brent for a day.
I'm so jealous!






wow. first of all, darling cupcakes! you are such a great baker, em. i am jealous. and second, i would love to be in england now too. the byu ballroom teams are fabulous and although i can't say that i know brent, i'm sure it's just such a treat to be there...and get past the first round! that's awesome.
ReplyDelete