Tuesday, June 22, 2010

30 years and counting

I celebrated my 30th birthday about two weeks ago. The actual day was pretty low key and normal but I did get gifts and cheesecake in the evening. I knew Robert had been planning "something" for my birthday but I also knew that due to lack of funds (aka: Journey Gym has no investment money) those plans were being postponed indefinately.
I was kindof bummed but knew someday his plan would be enforce. My sister-in-law Wendy called me and said we still needed to get out and have a little fun, on her of coarse. So Saturday (a few days later) we went and got pedicures and saw a movie. And that was great and relaxing just as is then we headed over to Genet's house to pick up the kids and this is what I saw on the back deck-
15 of my closest friends and family members, all women!!!
SURPRISE!!!!
It was an evening all about Emily.


The men and kids had been banished to another location while Robert cooked us dinner on a beutiful summers night. We sat around, talked, ate food, talked more, and had a great time.

The six coarse meal that Robert perpared.
The menu reads:

Restuarant Three-Zero
Price Fix Menu

Pork tenderloin pizzet, wild mushroom saute, root beer reduction

Veil ragu over pappardelle pasta, rosemary mascarpone

Butter poached halibut, spring beans, grapefruit beurre blanc

Grilled lamb chop, vegtable risotto, pinot noir reduction

Cheese boarn, grapes, fig compote, sherwood farms honey, and candied hazelnuts

7th heaven chocolate cake, burnt carmel and orange dark chocolate sauce.

Subsitutions politely declined
Chef Robert Montgomery
Guys who wash dishes James Montgomery, Tom Cinquini

First Coarse

Third coarse

Rob explaining the different cheeses (coarse 5)

The men perparing the final coarse.
Side note- Robert did not make the cake, it was bought (he's not a baker)

The kitchen was a mess from the get go and by coarse six it was a disaster.

The dishes kept piling up. Notice the women through the window just relaxing and patiently waiting for more delicious food to come.

Dessert, the sauces were amazing.

Kerry, Me, & Jeanne
One of the highlights of the night was having Jeanne at the party.
The three of us were best friends in high school and I hadn't see Jeanne in 8 years, it was great to catch up.
I'd like the thank all the people involved that pulled off this party. Wendy for distracting me, brothers for babysitting the kids, Mom for funding the party, Tom & James for helping Rob and everyone else.
I can't thank my husband enough for putting on such a great party. He spent the whole night working while I relaxed and enjoyed timed with my friends and family. It was so fun and thoughtful. I couldn't have asked for anything more.
Thanks, Babe.
You're the best!

4 comments:

  1. I agree...it was the best and you deserved it. Well done Robert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool birthday gift! Robert knows how to treat his special lady. Happy 30th Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with Robert. Honestly, that is so thoughtful and he is so talented. I love that he planned out so many details (the menu is great). I'm excited to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hot dang, em! i am quite impressed with rob's culinary skills. what a partay. glad you had a great birthday!
    (man, i could really go for some chocolate cake right now.)

    ReplyDelete