Saturday, February 28, 2009

In 6 months I'll be . . .

RUNNING
the
So the countdown begins and so does my training.
(this is not a picture of me but a girl can dream)
On Christmas day my brother Mark announced that he had applied and got accepted to have a team run the hood to coast relay. So the Friess clan is putting together a team and we'll be running our hearts out come Auguast 28th and 29th. Just some facts about the relay:
  • It's the largest relay race in the world.
  • The coarse is over 197 miles long.
  • With 12,000 runners.
  • Each team has 12 runners and several volunteers
  • Each runner runs 3 legs ranging from 3-8 miles long.

I'm starting to train, which means walking at first then working in the running. Even with my training I'm hoping to get all the 3 mile legs come August. But it should be a lot of fun.

Wish me luck!!!

10 comments:

  1. Good luck! You are brave -- I hate running :) You will do AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I must admit when I first saw your title, "In 6 months I'll be..." I was thinking you were going to announce you were pregnant! :S
    Although, let me add, I would be totally stoked about that! :) ANYHOO That is awesome you are going to do this relay race. I suck at running. Good luck with your training and the race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! My siblings have done this race multiple times. I haven't, but someday maybe I will. That is, if I finish having kiddos that prevent the real training I need! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the second post! However, I've got to give you props for wanting to run that. Yikes! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Emily, you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is SO COOL!! It makes all the difference to have something specific to train for. I would love to do that someday. How did he go about getting approved?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I whole heartedly look up to you! I hate running and would never agree to such a thing! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome Em!! I did the Ragnar Relay last year which is the same kind of thing...it went from Logan to Park City and was so much fun! The worst part is planning everything you need for it, once you get to run it is a blast! I am not doing it this year so I am totally jealous of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Emily, congrats on getting in! I have ran it the last 6 years and my dad the last 20 and sadly our team didn't get in. Does your team need another 6 runners? regardless, good luck, it's such a great workout and so bonding to be in cramped quarters being all sweaty and tired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool! Good for you Emily. Way to go Friess Clan! I ran the Hood to Coast when I was in high school and it was the funnest/most beautiful race I've ever done. You'll love it. SO worth it!

    ReplyDelete