. . . but this one might just be the death of me.
ADDIE HAS AN EAR INFECTION!!!
I was so mad at myself for being easily distracted. I was a fool, convincing myself that strawberries were giving her a tummy ache or her two front teeth (about to break skin) were creating the fever. I had been down this road before with Bailey, you know the one. A simple cold, followed by a fever, both being accompanied by crankiness. I should have seen the street signs warning me along the way. I was a fool I tell you, . . . a FOOL!
We got into see the doctor yesterday but I prepared myself for the worst while sitting in the waiting room. The doctor came in and gave me the worst news ever (not really but it seemed like it at the time). Yes, Addie has an ear infection but its at the tail end of it's coarse. She had already suffered the worst of it. He could prescribe her antibiotics but I really shouldn't give them to her because her condition was improving.
The long of the short is we just keep pumping her full of Tylenol and are hopeful that someday we will get some real sleep.

oh...never fun. thank goodness for tylenol. sleep...that is a lost word in a SAHM's vocab. good luck to you!
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain!! Dominic was my cronic ear infection boy ( 4 in 4 months) when he was one . . . once he got ear tubes life was good. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteOh poor thing...both you and Addie that is! I hope she feels better soon. Knock on wood I still have not had to deal with an ear infection with Jack yet. But im sure that day will come and if/when it does I will know what to look for now cause of what you said her symptoms were!
ReplyDelete