Monday, May 10, 2010

30/30/30

My birthday is coming up and it's got me to thinking . . .


Last week I was driving in the car listening to the radio. The DJ mentioned his birthday was coming up and he was reminiscing that on his 40th birthday he ran 40 miles. I thought that was pretty impressive, but it would take me a whole day to run/walk that many miles. I thought it would be fun to have a similar goal for my coming birthday.
Horizontal racetrack photo
My Goal:
Over the next 30 days I'm going run an accumulative of 30 miles before I turn 30 years old.

I think this goal is attainable because I've already been running 3 miles at a time, several time a week. Now all I have to do is run ten 5k's (3.1 miles) in the next 30 days.  To bad the Lake Run 5k race I did this weekend doesn't count. I'll keep you posted on my progress over the next month. And hopefully all this training will help me to increase my pace for the Hood to Coast.

Here's to starting off my 30ies on a positive note!

3 comments: