Monday, November 10, 2008

Much confusion to be had!

Yes, we are moving!
When and where have yet to be determined.
SAY WHAT???
Here's the short version.
Robert and I want to get out of debt and start saving some money, so one day in the way distant future we can buy a house. After much thought and prayer we decided that the best and quickest way for us to do this was to not pay rent. We didn't want to get evicted from our rental house so we started to look for an apartment that we could manage. We even gave 30 day notice to our landlord that we were moving out. We interviewed with a couple of management companies and even got offered a job or two. But those places were not for us.
(I'm not trying to be picky but when you have kids and you've been living in a house it's a big down-grade to manage apartments. So we are taking our time in finding the right place for us.)
Well, our 30 day notice came up and we had no job offers that we wanted to take, so everything went into storage and we moved into the guest bedrooms of my parents house. Thus, we've moved but not really. We are currently in a holding pattern and don't know when we'll get out.
We don't know where we will end up, but since Robert does a lot of business in Portland that seems like the logical place. I'll keep you posted as to when we officially move. Hopefully it is sooner than later.
Oh, and if you have any information or connections that could get us into a nice apartment complex please pass it along.

7 comments:

  1. It's all clear now. I am glad you guys are in our ward still, at least for awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh emmy...I know everything will work out for you guys soon. have faith, I know you do!

    but I'm sure sharon and bob LOVE having you guys staying there...PARTY CENTRAL!

    p.s. p-town would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. not paying rent would be amazing! We'd save $1600 a month! But alas, we have no parents here to move in with :( You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We know the feeling we are in the same boat right now. We are in holding position with Pauls parents paying off debts and saving. Hey it's not a bad gig, but I know it is not ideal!!! Good Luck and enjoy free living, I know that I have to remind myself daily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. you are blessed that you can live with the rents and still be sane ;) Everything ends up working out in the end. Life really does throw curve balls at us, and that's what makes us appreciate all we have. You are always a positive person- keep bloggin ;) were in a little scenario ourselves.. just a part of growing up- dont you wish all you had to worry about was who was dating who still ? much love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh good luck to you guys!! I really hope you find something soon! How long did it take before Bailey's reflux started getting better? And how long did she have to stay on the prevacid? I'm really hoping it helps soon. She just is in so much pain! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Emily. I like your blog! But "get out of debt and start saving some money"....have you guys heard of Dave Ramsey? We're kind of fanatics so I was just curious...
    -Rosie

    ReplyDelete