Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Grandma's and pa's

The other day Bailey and I were cleaning Roberts office when we came across a can of Coke. Bailey pointed at it while I put it in the trash can and she shouted "grandma's drink, GRANDMA'S DRINK!!!" As if to say 'don't throw out grandma's coveted beverage'. I couldn't help but laugh that this 2 year old knew the product and she refused to believe that her daddy drank the drink. But alas, maybe coke is only made for grandma's.
Grandpa has been chipping in with childcare while we've been living with him. The other night Robert and I went out and left the kids behind. Grandma was reading to Bailey and Addie was in need of a diaper change. So grandpa volunteered to change it. I think this was his second diaper change in his whole life. Mom says that dad changed his first borns diaper at the hospital and that was it.
Here is grandpa's handy work. The first problem, Addie's butt cheek is hanging out. And thus she has a pretty bad wedgie.

The second problem, the diaper is on backwards. Can you imagine how hard it would be to have the straps in the front and secure them in the back. But no harm was done. I discovered the diaper conundrum before Addie filled her pants. And Addison really didn't seem to mind, as you can see.

Can I just say, it's been great living with my parents. They are so good to the girls and they don't make Robert and I feel like we are invading their space. I know the new move is going to be hard on the girls, but the hardest part will be not having grandma and grandpa around to play with.

7 comments:

  1. Emily I love the festiveness. Christmas and Christmas music is the BEST! I just made a blog and I will admit to you now that I copied some of what you've got, so you should feel honored that you have such a coolio BLOG. Come check us out at the HunsakerHouse@blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure how you put a diaper on backwards...but it made for some cute pictures. Look at those legs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. em, i am so with your mom on diaper changing. although i will say that jake has done more than 2. i did have to teach him how to change a diaper. he's not so great with newborn diapers, but he'll change ashton's. but props to your dad for doing the backwards deal...hilarious. i'm sure addie didn't mind, it was clean! way to be an observant parent and avoiding an impending disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the things our men don't do leave us better off. Matt has not changed a huge amount of diapers, either. And when he does, he pulls them so tight he gives them a little indented waist. What's up with that? Poor kids can't even breathe after a daddy diaper change. Luckily, they survived and we are now past diapers in this household! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we had a guy friend of ours who is in nursing school babysit kelly once and he put the diaper on backwards too! At least he learned the right way before he had to do clinicals in the newborn ward!
    by the way! she has the chunkiest legs i've ever seen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How's the new management job going? We did that for a while. It was aweful, we were in really cheap apartments in Keizer, but it was SO worth it! That is how we were able to save and buy our first house. Hop you guys have a fun Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that I have had a little more opportunities to change some diapers regularly, I would HATE it if the straps were in the back! :) But, some major props to your Dad for managing to get it done. :)

    ReplyDelete