Sunday, August 10, 2008

Scandinavian Festival

This weekend was a trip down memory lane for me. We loaded up the kids and headed to Junction City for the Scandinavian Festival. My parents took all of us kids there when we were little. This is my roots folks. My grandma Polly used to run this event (during my grandpas reign as mayor) and she made it clean, pretty, and even fancy.
They are still using the same sign, why would you change a good thing?

My mom was in Junction City taking care of my grandpa, who is recovering from throat cancer. She was able to get away while he napped and come to the festivities with us.



Bailey really enjoyed watching the vikings but got all shy-and-such when she got close to them.

BAM played on this horse platform forever. I don't no why but she looks really chunky here. But then again, she had just drank half of my soda. Its a pop-belly (ha ha).


Ads had her first experience in a stroller, she was a little small for it but I was tired of carrying her around in the heat.


The food was great, here is Rob with a meat pie. The wait line for this delicious treat was over 25 minutes, but well worth it.


We checked out the huge train.

These beauties were for sale. Can you image, . . . hey, if you're going to plunge your poop you might as well look good doing it.

The dancers were authentic, mom was glad to see they still held that to grandmas standards of the festival.


Bays liked the "dancing la-las" no matter what.


I showed Bailey how strike a pose.


She really got into it.

Overall, the festival was nice. I really wanted to get my hands of some ableskivers. There were two booths that sold them. One line was over 30 minutes long, the other had no line but was more expensive. Mom and Robert convinced me to pay the big buck and save time. It wasn't the price that was scaring people away, it was the skiver. Lets just say I was not satisfied with my pastry. I shouldn't have listened to them, they didn't have my best interest in mind. It's been over 24 hours and I'm still saddened by my ableskiver. Learn from my mistake, if you want something bad enough, wait in the line!

OLYMPIC NOTE:

If you didn't watch the mens relay swimming race (shame on you), go to youtube and find it. It was AMAZING!!!

6 comments:

  1. Okay I'm a little T-O'd because they totally took the video off youtube because of a copyright claim. LAME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never heard of this festival! we were so deprived! and i can't believe bailey didn't freak out with that guy in a mask/helmet talking to her--he looked creepy. and, by the way, the post on her nakedness was classic....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Emily! It was good to hear from you. Your blog is adorable. Addison is a beauty. . just like her sister. I hope we can see you sometime soon. Your family is so CUTE! -Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry. I'm new to the blog thing. Didn’t know there was etiquette about commenting on other’s blogs. I’ll learn.

    But I DID see the men’s 4x100 relay. I had to go to the inlaw’s to pretend I was the anchor leg in their pool. I won.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emily. Kat told me to check out your blog to see your Scandi pictures. Mark and I went Thursday night. Pretty fun...a first for both of us. We are actually living in Junction City now...moved here last month. We ran into your parents at church a couple of weeks ago while they were down here to see your Grandpa. Totally surprised all of us. Cute blog and super cute kiddos.
    Mark and Katie

    ReplyDelete