My Nike+ showing all my recent runs.
I love my Nike+.
Being able to see all my runs, how far I went and how fast. It's very motivating. But I get really frustrated when I push the wrong button on my ipod and my running info disappears. Like today while I was running I pushed pause to wait for traffic and then all the sudden the "nike lady" comes on and says "ending workout" but I still had .7 miles to go. So I got it all set back up and ran the last little bit. Now it looks like I ran two times today, no so. Overall I love it.
This morning I ran 9 miles in 1:18:40 time. That's an 8'45'' pace, which is dang good for me.
My runs are going great, I don't get tired which makes me think I need to push myself harder. But I don't want to get too tired and then have to slow down my pace at the end. I basically just start running and do what comes natural. I think it's time for me to start reading some running books or download so podcasts on running to improve my form or something like that. If you have any suggestions I'm open to them.
Now that Fall/Autumn is here I have a new fear . . . running in the Oregon rain. It's bound to happen so I better get used to training in it. And being soaked. Maybe I can convince Robert that I need some new running gear that's water resistant!?!
The half marathon is 6 weeks away and I think I'll be ready.


Way to go for the half! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed and slightly jealous. I wish I could get motivated (and be athletic enough) to do something significant like this. Every day while I'm running my meager 3.5 miles and feeling worn out I think of you and my other friends who are real runners. Maybe one day...
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome! I'm so impressed.
ReplyDelete