Bailey started preschool this week and is just loving it. On Monday night Robert and Bailey went on a Daddy+Daughter date and bought a backpack and school supplies.

Out the door, bright and early (for us).
I know she is going to have so much fun at preschool but I'm a little concerned about her teacher. I mean look at this lady, she is barefoot and looks like she is falling asleep!
In reality, I'm her teacher.
A few weeks ago my sister-in-law Wendy and I decided to do our own preschool for Bailey and Caden. I got my degree in Early Childhood Education and taught kindergarten for a while. Wendy got her masters in Education and wants to home school Caden. It seemed like a perfect fit. We began planning and I got to dig through all my kindergarten supplies.
We spent an evening changing Cadens "playroom" into a "classroom".
The kids were shocked to see the changes.
First day-
"Teacher" wrote a sentence in their writing journals and they drew pictures.
We also learned about the weather, practiced our colors, read books, practiced writing the letter I, and much much more.
Bailey had a blast.
The only problem is after preschool Caden and Bailey want to have a play date, so we are working on getting out the door and back to our house without a struggle.
I'm excited to teach Bailey and Caden and put my skills to good use. Wendy and I will trade teaching each week. Whoever is not teaching gets to watch the siblings- Addie and Canyon. I'll spend my time running errors with the little ones and/or practicing colors with Addie, and/or just getting cuddles from baby Canyon. All in all, it's going to be a good year for Bailey's education!



Good for you! I wish I was more motivated and had good ideas like that, but I think I'm just plain incapable. Oh well, I'll just have to pay someplace to teach Ava someday. Cute school room, you gals did great.
ReplyDeleteWay to use your degree :) I'm sure the kids love it. What a good idea.
ReplyDeletewe're doing something similar out here, too! At first I was totally confused by the Mrs Montgomery/Mrs Friess sign.
ReplyDeleteHow cute! I love it! =)
ReplyDelete