I got back home from Utah on Monday and was gone 36 hours later headed to Girl Camp. I was excited to spend a few days with the young women of my ward and to get to know them better. And to make things even better their camp was held at Camp Melacoma, the same camp I attended as a youth. So it was a little trip down memory lane.
Driving to camp- Columbia river gorge (from the Washington side).
Nieman Logde is excatly the same.
Camp Melacoma.
One of our cabins, we were the Tiger lily's this year.
My girls did everything I did as a youth. Cleaning the bathrooms in the lodge- check.
(only difference is now there are signs all over saying "don't drink this water"- arsenic)
Make your face and hair look crazy by the pool fan- check.
Steal jucie boxes from the kitchen fridge- check.
Cook dinner and dessert with fire- check.
Water ballon toss- check.
It was so much fun to hang out with these girls for two days.
Me and Sam after the balloon toss, we got third.
The food was amazing, but you had to act quick if you wanted an ice cream sandwich.
The worst part of camp this year was the lack of sleep. I stayed over one night but we had a mouse running around the cabin all night. I had my sleeping bag up to my neck and a blanket covering my head, I was protected. But the girls freaked out and a few of them stayed up most of the night watching the critter scurry around our cabin. The girls kept me up more than the mouse.
I'm glad I was able to create new memories of girls camp but my old memories just kept coming back to me.
Singing "emily, femily, bo bemily" into a fan
Cooling off in the frige
Boot stealing our stuff
Walking to the falls
Crafts/ archery
Pranks on the first years
Hikes down steep, muddy hills, clinging to flimsy rope
Good times

I know, it's so fun that they go to Melacoma! It's so weird to see Lianna and Gracie at Girls Camp. I can't believe they are old enough to go. It seems like it was so fun.
ReplyDelete