Sunday, March 22, 2009

Never doubt my taste in MEN!

This is Matt Gordon.

A hugely famous male model.

He is currently ranked #3 out of the top 50 male models (in the world).


Handsome, don't you think.

He has many different faces

and looks (think blue steal x 1000)

He recently signed a huge contract with Gucci and did several advertisements with Claudia Schiffer.
So you're thinking, "big deal Em. You think a male model is handsome. That's why he's a male model."
And I see your point, but I want you to know that I have good taste in men because I had a crush on Matt about 9 years ago. That's right I used to be friends with this eye candy.
The other day I was jumping around FaceBook trying to find old friends. I put the name Matt Gordon into the search and he had a page. But not a normal FB page, it was a 'fans' page. When someone really likes a famous person they make a 'fan' page. I had no idea Matt was famous and wasn't even sure if this was the Matt I knew. I started jumping around google looking at pictures of this Matt Gordon male model trying to figure out if it was my old friend. You know those models look so different at each photo shoot and they have so many different posses/faces. I was 90% sure it was Matt and then I found some clips of him on YouTube and then I was 100% convinced it was him. He talked the same way I remembered and has the same mannerisms.
Oh, you don't believe me. You want some proof do you.
Well, back in 1999 I was living in Salt Lake City attending the LDS Business College. Kerry Johnson and I had a couple of classes with Matt and we started hanging out. Back then he was really skinny (he still is) but he was lacking muscles and had his hair bleached blond.

Here is a picture of Matt back in the day.
(thank you Lauren for the copy)
Does he look like any of the pictures above?
We even went on a road trip with Matt. Kerry and I really wanted to see NSYNC preform at the WB Radio Music Awards (the first annual). So we called up Cody in Las Vegas to see if we could stay at her house. Then we invited our roommates and a couple of college friends. The tickets were purchased and we filled up two cars driving down to Vegas. We got to Cody's house, got all dolled up and went to the Mandalay Bay. I won't go into the whole night but just know we found where the celebrities were coming in and saw:
  • Brian McKnight- so handsome
  • Lou Bega (mambo #5)- I yelled out "I hate your song"
  • Tom Green- Cody ran after him, he grabbed her camera and took a picture of his package
  • Nysnc- just barely caught a glimpse
  • Edwin McCain- so nice and friendly

Here we are on the big night.

Back row (Right to Left): Matt G.
Middle row (R to L): Cody K, Me, Edwin McCain, Kerry J, Lindsey E, Lauren D
Front row (R to L): Darci, Mary K


So, I got a little sidetracked there but let it be noted that I have great taste in men. Even when they are a skinny 19 year old I can see the potential. Just like with my hubby Robert, he used to be a skinny 19 year old and now he is the most handsomest person I know (there might be someone that is handsomer in the world but I don't know them, so I'm covered).

5 comments:

  1. Time was defiantly good for him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. To bad you didn't marry that guy he's hot! Just think, you could be traveling the world, meeting famous people and all sorts of stuff. you would probably be anorexic and have a cocaine habit like most models, but it would be worth it. If tall, dark, skinny, and handsome is what you want, when i get home later i can try, and i emphasize try, to squeeze into my skinny jeans, and skin tight t-shirt for you (i could borrow one from Dan or John as well as a scarf). I can't do anything about the tall, or dark attribute but the handsome part, seriously, i'm not sure i can get much hotter! I'm even growing out Fabio like hair, which will hide my current bald and thinning look and give me undeniably sexy, Donald Trump like wisps of hair that I will of course comb over. Love you babe, and thanks for not choosing the world famous incredibly sexy male model, and for taking a chance on a once skinny and muscular, now plump, and balding somewhat young man.

    Robert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh! i've been waiting for this post. and it's awesome!!! i sure love the group pic...hope you're putting it on fb. oh the memories, huh? sometimes you know you have to pass up the hottie for something better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Robert, do I detect just a hint of jealousy? Don't worry now. She comes home to you every night, right? I would feel sorry for you, but we all know you men have a few of those leftover fantasies stored up in your vaults, too. And really, he's probably gay now, and what woman really wants a man who wears a scarf, anyway? Keep it real, man. That's what Emily prefers, I'm sure...

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, so i just realized that matt gordon is the brother of my neighbor! i know. crazy. blame it on mormonville...

    p.s. his sis has a blog and posts pics when he's in town.
    just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete