Saturday, May 24, 2008

Blogarithm BYE-BYE

BLOGARITHM HAS BEEN A LIFE SAVER!

There are too many blogs that I subscribe to and checking them all everyday or two can be very time consuming. So I signed on with Blogarithm and they would email me once a day to say who had updated their blogs. The addiction of blogging was broke and I started to lead a normal life. But when my email from Blogarithm wouldn't show up I would start to panic and revert back to my evil ways of checking every ones blog several times a day. It turns out that blogarithm was recently bought out by RSS FWD. With the two companies doing the big overhaul my emails became sporadic.


So today I made the switch to RSS FWD (they took over Blogarithm). It's different from Blogarithm in the way you set up your account but it seems okay. It took FOREVER to get all my blogs posted. Mainly because I had to log on to every blog and once there I would catchup on the posts I'd missed. It also took FOREVER because this website is slower than granny's going to get their hair done. We are talking over an hour for 30 blogs. If your not mathematical that breaks down to like 2 minutes per blog, soooo sloooow. Then I had to tell RSS FWD this is a blog I like so tell me when it gets updated. Luckily I was home sick today so it was time well spent. I was hoping to get started on Bailey's upcoming birthday but I can barely move, so that's not going to happen.


So avoid the evils of blogging, check out http://www.rssfwd.com/ and save your life too. I hope it works as well as Blogarithm. If it doesn't you'll be hearing my wrath soon, or maybe not because I'll be addicted to blogging again and will have gone crazy with finding updated blogs.
ps. you don't have to be a blogger to use their services. if you want to get an email every time I update my blog just visit their website and sign up.

4 comments:

  1. rssfwd was SOOOO slow that I finally gave up. Which, by the way, I never even got ONE email from them so I am trying something new. I am so glad you let me in on the secret in the first place because it has cured one aspect of my OCD.
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. just do the one I do...subscribe to the blogs you want. See Jessica Ing. blog for instructions. you don't have to check your emails. It just BOLDS the blogs that have been updated in the last 15 min. it seriously has changed my BLOG LIFE! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea!!!...See you at the reunion??? oh an now you really have your hands full with both moving children. Ben just started taking steps

    ReplyDelete