Wednesday, February 13, 2008

281 days down . . .

. . . 2 to go!
That's right I'm having this baby in the next two days weather it wants to come out or not! I saw my doctor this afternoon and he's got me scheduled for an inducement this Friday, the 15th. It's great news because we are excited to meet our little baby and see if Bailey is getting a little sister or brother. The bad news is, it's probably going to hurt. Well I know it's going to hurt, what I mean is, this labor is probably going to hurt more than the last one. The docotor says my body is far enough along that he can just break my water and let labor start naturally. Which is fine and dandy and all but this baby is probably posterior (back of babys head meets the back of my pelvic bone) like Bailey was and that means back labor (or very painful labor). With Bailey I was able to get an epidural before my water broke so the pain was bearable. With this baby I'm going to have to wait til I'm dialated to a 4 or 5 before I see the relief of a long needle coming at me. So the first couple hours of labor will be interesting to say the least. Once I get the epidural things should be fine (cross your fingers). Overall, we are excited for #2 to arrive. I'd appreciate all your best thought and prayers. Ones that include an anterior baby birth are the best. And check back around Sunday night or Monday (more likely) for baby pictures.

7 comments:

  1. Emily, good to hear from you! Congrats on the baby, and good luck having in SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi emily! glad you found my blog! wow! just another day to go and you'll have that baby! aren't the last few days the worst? Kelly was only a couple days late, but it felt like an eternity. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep checking in...good luck!! I hope tomorrow goes well for you! Cant wait to see pictures of the new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH....tomorrow's the day!!! You guys really need to have a fun night tonight. Put BAM to bed and RELAX!!! :-) Good luck!!! Can't wait to see that beautiful babe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello!

    You look great and I hope that baby #2 comes soon. It was really good to hear from you...are you and Robert back in this area again? I will keep checking in to see how you are doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary G-lock here: Congratulations Emily Robert and Bailey. Hope you got the big long needle in a timely fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. three cheers for emily! what is your new baby's name? Can't wait to see pictures and info on the blog. Good job at being a great mom emily.

    ReplyDelete