Sunday, April 29, 2012

What a difference a year makes . . .

1 year ago on this weekend I ran a marathon. 
My time was 3:46:23, which comes down to an 8:39 minute/mile pace. 

Just for comparison sake, here is me in almost the same outfit
THEN

NOW 
I have to tuck my maternity shirt into my pants so my belly doesn't show. 

People ask me all the time if I still run?
YES, I do.
But what a difference a year makes. 
I ran this weekend just to reminisce about my marathon days. 
Instead of 26.2 miles, I ran 2.6 miles.
Instead of an 8:39 pace, I ran a 10:39 pace.

Now that I'm "with child" I run one to two times a week and when I say run I mean that I run for a few minutes and then walk for 1 minute and so on and so forth. The longest distance I've run is 5 miles, but usually do 2 or 3miles. 

I'm 20 pounds heavier and 2 minutes slower but I still run and I still love it!
I think 5 of those 20 pounds is in my face!



3 comments:

  1. Good for you for keeping it up! I always felt so heavy when I tried to run pregnant, even if I hadn't gained that much weight yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to be! I am so impressed. You look great. I'm so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete