Bailey is so excited to start Kindergarten.
We went to Kindergarten Round up and she was in heaven. She even said "this is the best day ever!"
They had the kids plant a sunflower and told them that when to flower is big and tall it'll be time to come to Kindergarten. I hope this will help her understand that she's still got 4 months before school starts. To make school even more exciting her friend Ezra might be in the same class as her. This worries me because these two are known for having a crush on each other and being together 5 days a week (and at church) might make the situation worse. Oh, well.
They briefly went over the curriculum and I chuckled under my breath since Bailey has already learned about pumpkins, frogs (we taught her about amphibians), and we'll be doing plants in May. Her literacy skills are very good and math is coming along. I just hope her teacher can keep her entertained and learning.
We walked around the school and toured the Kindergarten room. She loved the art projects, the desks, and the teachers.
On the drive home I asked Bailey if she'd like to go to the new school or have mom be her teacher again. It was no contest, she loved the big school. I guess I can supplement her learning at home if Kindergarten is too easy for her.
Afterwards we went to dinner as Shari's. Bailey has been asking for weeks to eat there, so we enjoyed a nice meal there as a family. It was a great night and we are all excited for Bailey to go to the "big kid school" soon.




No comments:
Post a Comment