Sunday, December 13, 2009

JG video

About a month ago the Journey Gym had a very eventful, stressful, and fun week. They started 'shooting' short stories to use for a promotional video. They hired a film director from LA who had previously lived in Portland. The director called up his old crew and they went to work. The crew filmed all over dowtown Portland at 6 different locations, many in the Pearl District. They hired 16 actors, some professiona,l others not. There were lighting people, a make-up artist, staging peps, and a production manager.

One of the vignettes was a mom working out on the Journey Gym while her children played around her. The company didn't want to hire a child to sit around playing so they decided to use their own children. But the day of the shoot Caden (Johns son) got sick. So Bailey was the next in line. Haven (my niece) also wanted in on the action. So I drove the girls to an old craftsman style house in the Pearl and they got ready for their big acting debutes. It was great because Haven felt like Hanna Montana and Bailey just did what ever Haven did. The best part of all was while in the middle of filming Haven came up to me and asked "when do I get to do my dance scene?" It was too funny. Towards the end of the shoot the director let her have a little dance sceen but unfortunately it didn't make the cut.

This promo video is very family oriented in that my daughter- Bailey, niece- Haven, and brother- John are all in it. And I have to say I'm so proud of the Journey Gym team and all their hard work. Especially my husband!!!


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. That's a GREAT video!! I did miss the dancing scene though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- last time I saw John he had long blonde hair!! ha ha- good job on the video! hope you are doing good- your kids are getting big!

    ReplyDelete