Friday, December 11, 2009

Back and Forth

So my newest nephew  was born on Nov. 23rd and apparently his parents didn't really have a list of names prepared. They had a girl name set in stone, but nothing solid if the baby was a boy. Each day after his birth they would try out a name to see if it stuck. It took his parents 10 days to give him a name. They sent out a big announcement and everything, telling the world that a name had been chosen
Kyler Canyon Friess

But it was not to be . . .
after the rush of putting a name to the face the doubt came. They kept going back and forth. She liked to call him Ky but the dad wasn't for it. Around day 15 they thought the baby boys name should be
Ever Canyon Kyler Friess
(not a typo- Ever)

We all boycotted it but tried to be supportive. Why not Everett or Everest???  After getting very little positive feedback they were back at the drawing board but the same names kept floating around. Finally after 18 days they filled out the birth certificate, signed, sealed, delivered, and his name is
Canyon Ever Friess!

And with all this back and forth I was never frustrated or put-off. Why, you may ask? Do you not care about your adorable newphew? Of coarse I do, but I decided on day 3 that my nickname for him would be Logan. First, it's an adorable name (and he totally looks like a Logan) and second, it's his dads middle name.

So welcome to the family Canyon, your the cutest little Logan ever!!!!

And congrats to John and Wendy on this great accomplishment. I'm not sure which was harder on you guys, the home birth or choosing a name?

2 comments:

  1. This story is so funny that I had to read it out loud to Gustavo! I thought I was indecisive, but I'm definitely too neurotic to wait that long:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your blog Emily....this is friend of Wendy and John's in Las Vegas...we too did not provide support on the Ever challenge out of love only...though I am sure it didn't feel that way for them...

    LC

    ReplyDelete