Yah, you read the header right, I gave my two weeks notice today. After weighting the pro's and con's I decided to quit my job as an apartment manager so I could spend more time with my family.
The job has become too much for me and my little family to juggle. Most of my time, energy, and thoughts have been spent "on the job". And my family has gotten the frazzled leftovers. I've been trying to do it all, but there are not enough hours in the day. And the financial benefits are not worth it.
Family is the most important thing in my life. I feel like I can't be a good mother and work this much/hard at the same time. They need me and my full attention, I am always around but not "available". The girls need me to play, cuddle, paint, read books to them . . . . this list is very long but you get the idea. And I need to have a clean house so I can spend time with my husband while he is home..
We don't have a place to live and it's unsure how long we will be here. I gave notice but said I would/could stay around for 4 weeks if they needed me to. They'll let me know how long I'm employed once they hire my replacement. And since I'm so busy with the job, I haven't had time to find us a new place to live. But we are looking to move closer to family and utilize the "buddy system". Even with all the uncertainty I feel so calm just knowing that this will soon come to an end. And in the very near future I can stay in my pj's all day long and just hang out with my kids, if I want to.
And the crazy part is that I'm actually excited to have time to clean my toilets, fold laundry, and mop the floor!!!
Just for the record this will be our move 3rd move in less than 1 year!!!
The job has become too much for me and my little family to juggle. Most of my time, energy, and thoughts have been spent "on the job". And my family has gotten the frazzled leftovers. I've been trying to do it all, but there are not enough hours in the day. And the financial benefits are not worth it.
Family is the most important thing in my life. I feel like I can't be a good mother and work this much/hard at the same time. They need me and my full attention, I am always around but not "available". The girls need me to play, cuddle, paint, read books to them . . . . this list is very long but you get the idea. And I need to have a clean house so I can spend time with my husband while he is home..
We don't have a place to live and it's unsure how long we will be here. I gave notice but said I would/could stay around for 4 weeks if they needed me to. They'll let me know how long I'm employed once they hire my replacement. And since I'm so busy with the job, I haven't had time to find us a new place to live. But we are looking to move closer to family and utilize the "buddy system". Even with all the uncertainty I feel so calm just knowing that this will soon come to an end. And in the very near future I can stay in my pj's all day long and just hang out with my kids, if I want to.
And the crazy part is that I'm actually excited to have time to clean my toilets, fold laundry, and mop the floor!!!
Just for the record this will be our move 3rd move in less than 1 year!!!

I managed for 3 years and I know exactly how you feel. I quit before planned... we had another year to go. It was THE BEST DECISION I EVER MADE! I was able to be with my kids without having to shush them all the time and the tv was no longer the full time babysitter. It may be hard but in the end the reason you feel so calm is because you made the right decision for you and your family. I hope you come back to SALEM! Good luck finding a home!
ReplyDeleteI didn't get to talk to you much at play group and was sad to hear you three had to leave early to work. What a relief for you (and your family, I bet) that you can soon be a full-time wife and mommy! I just think you are awesome! I am so excited for you to be able to spend the day in your pjs with your girls, too!
ReplyDeleteWe'll be sad to see you leave the Ward, if that's what you'll be doing to be closer to family. But sounds like this will be best for your family and that's what you should do. Wish you guys luck for whatever comes your way!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited that you'll get to be with your kids full time. Good luck finding a new place. I don't envy the whole moving part, but I look forward to being a stay at home mom one day.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you. You'll feel like a whole new person, wife, and mom!!
ReplyDelete