So I can be totally honest with you . . . right?
My first two months of training were non-existent to say the least. It just kept raining and raining, which made the thought of running outside, well painful. So I could've exercised inside right, well no actually. See the neighbors that live below me complain about the noise level all the time. And I want to be a good neighbor/manager so I avoid stomping my feet whenever possible. This includes exercising.
Every morning I would wake up and think, "I should go run, everyone is still asleep and I could just leave right now. But it's 6 am, and I only got 6 hours of sleep. That's not enough for me to survive the day. I need more sleep in my nice warm bed, yeah sleep is good for you. Almost better than running . . . in fact you can't run very good if you didn't sleep very good. So sleep is better than running. Yes, more sleep is the answer. Zzzzzzz."
Well this month, the weather has been much better and so has my attitude. The first day that we were out (the girls and I) I was trying to find the right neighborhood so I didn't have to fight as I pushed the double stroller and the 90 pounds of weight that go with it. I came across a spring water trail. It's basically several miles of paved sidewalks that goes in and out of county and suburbia (I love my neighborhood). It's a lot like minto brown in Salem but longer and it doesn't go in circles. Since that amazing find I've been out running three times a week and exercising inside my apartment on my non-running days.
I run/walk on Monday because my body is pretty sluggish after having the weekend off. By Wednesday I'm feeling pretty good and run at a decent pace. When Friday comes around I actually feel like a runner. I've got a good stride going and I'm able to push myself to run farther than I planned. I usually run anywhere from 3-5 miles, don't ask how long it takes me. Right now I'm just happy that I'm training, speed will come later. I've been at it for three weeks now and feeling good. I'll try to keep you updated on my progress.

Yea for you!!! I did the Wasatch Back a month ago and it was a blast. Admit it, running is addicting! I am excited that you are doing that race and I am sure you will kick butt...I can't think of any better training than running with a double stroller:) Let's race together sometime!
ReplyDelete