Friday, January 11, 2008

And the Winner is . . .

The house hunt is over and we have finally found a place to live. After being in Salem for three weeks I looked at about 50 homes and inside about 30 of those. A lot were awful but you have to give it a chance, when it's in your price range. It's a big three bedroom, 2 bath home with a massive garage. Robert and I just love all the space, we feel like we have room to grow. And seeing as how my belly continues to grow, this is a very good thing.
It's mint green but I can't change that.

One of the reasons we choose this house is for the huge fenced-in backyard. We'll have to do a lot of work to fix it up, maintain it, and get rid of the pine needles but that is what Bob Friess is for. He's a great dentist but his true calling is Landscaper Extraordinaire.


Bay loves playing in the backyard, even in the rain. Her she is playing hide-n-seek with me. So I think it will be a lifesaver this summer.


Another bonus is the family of squirrels that lives in the neighborhood. Bailey loves to feed them peanuts and watch them bury the peanuts in the ground.

She is already trying to escape. Good thing it's all fenced in. I'm glad we found some rain boots this late in the season. It's pretty muddy with all the Oregon rain.

So don't laugh but this map shows how close we are to Grandma Friess' house. She is the start we are the finish. Grandma Tammie is less than a 5 minute drive away as well. This is not exactly what Rob and I were going for when we started the search but this house just won us over. There were literally 10 FOR RENT signs around moms neighborhood and during my search she would ask if I'd looked into any of them. For a whole week I purposefully didn't call on any of them. When everything I saw around Salem and Keizer was crap I started expanding my search and somehow ended up in Grandmas backyard. Don't worry, ground rules have been established and everything is going great. But we'll see what happens when a newborn gets thrown into the picture.

3 comments:

  1. emmy, it looks great! that yard is insane! how fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure she will be the biggest lifesaver with helping with the kids and such . . . somedays I wish my mom lived around the corner, especially when I'd need to pick up just one thing at the store . . . its so much faster without the kids. Great yard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure she will be the biggest lifesaver with helping with the kids and such . . . somedays I wish my mom lived around the corner, especially when I'd need to pick up just one thing at the store . . . its so much faster without the kids. Great yard!

    ReplyDelete