Friday, January 25, 2008

37 1/2 weeks . . .

So the countdown begins as we approach our upcoming due date of February 12th. I got 'checked' at the OB's today and I have already started to dilate. I'm only dilated to a 1 but I'm 30% effaced which I guess is a big deal. Usually you don't start to thin out (with your 2nd and other pregnancies) until you go into labor. The doctor thinks I'll be having this baby early. I'm not holding my breath but we will see what the approaching days have to bring.
Here is my belly which is actually looking a little smaller than when Bailey was in the belly. Robert thinks all his predictions are coming true. For years he (and I) have been saying that with our luck all of our girls will get the Friess gene and be super tall (Most of my brothers are over 6 feet tall). Then all of our boys would get the Montgomery gene and be super small/ short (None of the Montgomery's are over 5' 7'').

We are getting ready for the little bundle. Aunt Pam found this Eddie Bauer Bassinet for us and it's great. It rocks back and forth, has storage for blankets and burp cloths, and wheels to move around the house. This way the baby can sleep in our room but he/she won't take up a lot of space. The pack-in-play just seems so big and bulky. The bassinet is nice and compact. Thanks Aunt Pam!


Here is the super nice glider that Rob got me for Christmas. It's way comfy and has pockets to store goodies in. I'm really excited to use it. Now I've got a rocking chair in Bailey's room and this glider in ours.

We've got our "going home from the hospital outfits". We always take two outfits to the hospital because we don't know what we are coming home with. Even though I've had an infant I'm still surprised at how small the outfit (and the baby) are.

So what do you think we are having?

Feel free to place a guess as to what you think our baby will be. We've got a baby pool/ game going on right now at www.expectnet.com/games/Montgomery2 or you can just click on the link in the top right corner of this blog. There is a prize if that gives you some motivation. Good luck!

6 comments:

  1. I love your bassinet! We borrowed one for Ethan, but I think it would be nice to get one for the next baby. I wasn't sure if I would even like having the baby in our room, but I really liked it...convenient for those night feedings. I also love your two outfits...how cute!!! You look great. I hope all goes well in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay- I finally did your guessing Pool! I hope I win! :) You look GREAT! Those tiny outfits are darling! I'll keep checking back and look forward to the big news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily! You look great! Congrats to you and Robert on baby #2! You have a beautiful family and I wish you luck on the upcoming weeks! My blog is www.tylerandamber.com
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. The end is near! You look great! I will check back every couple days to see if "Baby" has come earily. Take care! Just to let you know, utah has about a foot of snow in the valley and is snowing more today! Wish you could see it!
    ME

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you are almost going to get to hold that little cutie~! I bet it's a boy!!! and I love bassinets. hals slept in one by our bed for 3 months exactly-when brian insisted that i move her into her crib, but it was great you can just roll them anywhere and they are so compact! we really do need to get together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so cute! Wishing you the best for the upcoming arrival.
    Jenny and fam

    ReplyDelete