Friday, January 22, 2010

menthol



One day, about two months ago, while living at The Danny's house I was changing my nephews diaper when Bailey started yelling for me. I finished with the pamper and headed in the direction of the yelling toddler. As I accended the stairs a familiar smell hit my nose. Bailey is yelling "look what Addie did". I look over the baby gate and find Addie with her glisening face and body. She had found a jar of Vicks Vapor Rub and thought it was lotion. While I was downstairs, in five minutes time, she'd rubbed it all over her face, in her hair, pants, arms, feet, etc. The smell was overwhelming.


These pictures were taken after I stopped her from touching everything and made her sit in the bathtub. I almost scrubbed her skin raw as I tried to get the grease off her body. It took 9 hair washes, over 3 days, to get her hair back to normal.

She is very quick and mischievous right now . . . not a good combination.

4 comments:

  1. Eww! That must have stung her eyes too! Jonny and Chase both love the smell of menthol...I just don't get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stinky mess! -- I want to add that the photo on the right is one of my absolute favorites of Addie. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. now i love the smell of vicks as much as the next person but i'm sure addie might swear off the stuff forever after this little escapade. glad she's back to normal... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I no I shouldn't laugh but those pictures are priceless! Poor girl!

    Sounds like you guys are doing well and nestling into your new apartment. I'd love to see you again sometime- maybe next time we are back home in Oregon.

    Your girls are so cute!

    ReplyDelete